"The Young and the Restless" turns 36 today (though they're still telling everyone they're 29, obvs ... ), and we hear at SOAPnet are celebrating with 36 reasons why it still kicks ass. Read ours and add your own in the comments!
1. The show is on fire right now. Every story is running on full cylinders and they are using all our faves -- Victor, Katherine, Jill, Nick, Sharon, Phyllis -- and putting them front and center.
2. Katherine Chancellor's fingernails. Not even amnesia can stop her!
3. That Genoa City is the kind of town where a stripper like Nikki can go from performing at a place called "The Bayou" to running major corporations in relatively little time. And she doesn't even have an MBA!
4. Billy Miller as Billy Abbott. We think he's the best ever (shout in the comments if you disagree): smarmy and cocky and dang, he's sexy.
5. That Jack calls Victor "The Moustache."
6. Victor and Nikki still rock all these years later. Even if they aren't together.